[gtkmm] Roadmap regarding sigc++2

Hi!

I would like to know a bit about the transition plan of glibmm/gtkmm
to sigc++2, since this will effect my Yehia and SigC++ Extras
projects.

* Which versions are envisaged to use sigc++2?

* When are these lined up for release? (I expect only a *very* vague
  answer here, of course ;-)

* How will this effect the memory managment API? ATM there is
  SigC::Object and SigC::manage, which are not there anymore in
  sigc++2. I guess memory management in glibmm will be purely
  GObject-based, then? However, in sigc++2, there is sigc::trackable,
  so I guess this will have to be inherited by GLib::Object.

As for my plans of Yehia/SigC++ extras (in case anyone is interested
;-)):

* I intend to merge these two - include the SigC++ Extras
  functionality in Yehia and drop SigC++ Extras as a standalone
  project. What I want to get clear about is wether I will make Yehia
  depend on glibmm (it depends on GLib now, so this is probably
  reasonable, given that glibmm will be released stand-alone)

Regards,
        Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty ICQ      | 118634484 ICQ | a rottmann gmx at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc