Re: [gtkmm] string to ustring conversion problems

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:27:23 +0100
Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> > From: Julio Merino [mailto:jmmv menta net]
> > $ c++ test.cc -o test `pkg-config gtkmm-2.0 --cflags --libs`
> > /var/tmp/cchj4soz.o: In function `main':
> > /var/tmp/cchj4soz.o(.text+0x28): undefined reference to
> > `Glib::ustring::ustring(basic_string<char,
> > string_char_traits<char>, __default_alloc_template<false, 0>
> > > const &)'
>
> Do the examples build for you? If you can't find an example that does that
> same thing, can you modify an example to do that and then see if it builds?

Nope. I am just updating the NetBSD package of gtkmm to 2.2.1 and examples
do not build (they fail with exactly the same problem...)

> > Tried with gcc 3.2.1 and gcc 2.95
>
> Are you sure that you are not mixing libraries/executables compiled with
> different compilers?

Yes I am. The gcc 3.2.1 is completely separate from the base system, and I'm
not using it right now. BTW, the first time I built gtkmm and my programs,
gcc3 was not installed yet (in fact, I installed it to check if it made the
programs work).

> Interesting, can we add NetBSD or *BSD to our list of supported platforms?

I think so... everything else seems to work perfectly (see
http://jmmv.dyndns.org/shot.jgp ;)

Thanks

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv menta net>