RE: [gtkmm] string to ustring conversion problems

> From: Julio Merino [mailto:jmmv menta net]
> $ c++ test.cc -o test `pkg-config gtkmm-2.0 --cflags --libs`
> /var/tmp/cchj4soz.o: In function `main':
> /var/tmp/cchj4soz.o(.text+0x28): undefined reference to
> `Glib::ustring::ustring(basic_string<char,
> string_char_traits<char>, __default_alloc_template<false, 0>
> > const &)'

Do the examples build for you? If you can't find an example that does that
same thing, can you modify an example to do that and then see if it builds?

> I've got another person to try the same thing under a Debian
> system, and this same code works fine.

That does suggest an installation problem.

> Tried with gcc 3.2.1 and gcc 2.95

Are you sure that you are not mixing libraries/executables compiled with
different compilers?

(the later, the default in NetBSD).

Interesting, can we add NetBSD or *BSD to our list of supported platforms?

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net