Re: [gtkmm] changing key bindings (table navigation)

>> In this application the user won't need to navigate within the entry box
>> (this requires left-right arrow which we need for navigation between
>> entry boxes in the table) as it is only a 3 digit number. I am hoping to
>> implement functionality where the user arrows to the entry box, and
>> either types a replacement # (or hits enter to edit it and then types
>> the #). We're still feeling out exactly how we want to do this.

i faced similar issues with an Audio Clock widget. the clock has 6
different display modes, some with 5 subfields, each of which should
be editable by the user, but where we want the same "move to next
field when complete, or on TAB" operation. i can point to my solution
(which was really quite complex) if you want. the complexity comes
mostly from all the different modes. the basic code is really pretty
simple.

>> Just so you know. This app will be running in an embedded system which
>> may or may not have a keyboard. As a result, it must be easy for the
>> user to navigate the app using only tab, arrow, enter, 0-9 and backspace
>> keys; which are provided on the device.
>

>That is someting you can solve via the gtkbindings. But they are

i don't believe that bindings are the appropriate solution for the
problem posed. i think it needs to be done using key event handlers
for the widgets in question.

--p