[gtkmm] Developing portable enterprise applications

We are planning to create a medium database application, with about 3 hundred screens and 120 database tables, the client side must be portable at least to linux and windows and the server side should run on linux using C++ as the primary language, the client/server communication would use either omniORB or MICO, the database layer must be able to run on Postgresql and Oracle.

We are considering two portable toolkits: gtkmm and wxWindows. We have been testing gtkmm for some time and we found that gtkmm it is a great toolkit and it has a very clean design, although it is slightly slow on windows, I mean its larger than we think it should be. The wxWindows on the other hand its very thin and applications feel very responsive, but it is a little bit more complicated and less intuitive than gtkmm.

Now, we'd like to hear about success stories of the use of both toolkits in applications similar to this.

--
Thanks in Advance,

Alessandro Oliveira
Nuno Ferreira Cargas Internacionais Ltda.
Phone: +55-11-3241-2000
Fax  : +55-11-3242-9891

Micro$oft is not the answer. Micro$oft is the question. The answer is NO!!!