[gtkmm] i am too dumb for this (menus)

hi there,

i just changed from gtk+ to gtkmm and want to rebuild my menubar now. but whatever i try, id doesnt work :-(
isnt there a better resource than just a reference manual? i would prefer a small tut only for a menubar or something... *lol*
hm... or does anyone have an example for me, where he put the basic menu construction into a separate window subfunction?
i think that would be the cleanest and easiest to learn way for me :-/

wanna create a my_menubar object and add this simply by
// mainwindow.cc
mainBox.pack_start(my_menubar,Gtk::PACK_SHRINK);
to my main VBox.

i already tried with glade-2/glade--, but this generated me much too much stuff around it. for now only the appearance of the menu is
important, no signal handlers or something like that. i'm a n00b as you can see and i think that would be a nice training job for me ->
understanding such a menubar object :-)
ah, another thing: using glade-- i got a class and a copy of this class (dont know the english word for this). mainwindow.cc and mainwindow_glade.cc and so on. is there a way to tell glade-- only to put this into ONE class? its that much stuff i think i dont really need if i just want to simply create a menubar *lol*

well, hope i didnt bother you too much with this stuff. :-)

	arne