RE: [gtkmm] Problems with TreeView on Windows

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 09:25, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Cedric Gustin [mailto:cedric gustin swing be]
> > I guess I found the bug : generate_cellrenderer needs to be
> > explicitly
> > declared for both its bool and GdkPixbuf specializations in
> > treeviewcolumn.hg. Defining them in treeviewcolumn.ccg is
> > apparently not
> > enough.
> [snip]
> > The problem seems to be solved at least on win32 + static
> > libraries. I'm
> > now compiling gtkmm as DLL and see if I get the same result.
> > A patch will
> > follow soon.
>
> Interesting, and not what I expected. You can see a comment in that header
> that says that I was surprised that the other template specializations
> needed to be in the header to be found. I thought template specializations
> were something for linking.

They are, but the translation unit needs to see the declaration of the
specialization, otherwise the compiler will merrily generate code based
on the template header code definition.

I'd be interested to know how this ever worked, even on gcc.  My
impression has always been that gcc is quite prickly about
specializations.

Unless the linker is sorting it out?

--
Carl Nygard <cjnygard fast net>