RE: [gtkmm] Problems with TreeView on Windows

At 10:16 AM 6/12/2003 +0200, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> This treeview bug with pixbufs and boolean fields has been
> there for a long
> time on win32. It was there with gcc-3.2.0, at least on my
> win32 machine.

I guess I found the bug : generate_cellrenderer needs to be explicitly declared for both its bool and GdkPixbuf specializations in treeviewcolumn.hg. Defining them in treeviewcolumn.ccg is apparently not enough.

Compiling gtkmm as a static library on win32 generated a bunch of linker error (with multiple defined symbols) when I compiled one of the treeview examples. Two versions of generate_cellrenderer<bool> were available : one in treeviewcolunm.o and one in the example object file -> the linker was reverting to the standard text version of generate_cellrenderer with shared libraries (dll on win32 or .so on linux) !!!

The problem seems to be solved at least on win32 + static libraries. I'm now compiling gtkmm as DLL and see if I get the same result. A patch will follow soon.

Cedric