RE: [gtkmm] Problems with TreeView on Windows

At 09:38 AM 6/12/2003 +0200, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> > > Yes, the problem is still there with gcc-3.2.3 on win32
> > > (mingw).
> >
> >My question was more "Is/Was it there with gcc 3.2.2?"
>
> Don't know. The mingw team never (to my knowledge) released
> 3.2.2 on win32.
> The standard mingw distribution includes gcc-3.2.0. An
> upgrade to gcc-3.2.3
> was recently uploaded on their site. That's the one I'm
> currently using.

OK, then please rephrase my question to
"Is/Was it there with gcc 3.2.earlier?"

Maybe someone has tried it and can answer.

This treeview bug with pixbufs and boolean fields has been there for a long time on win32. It was there with gcc-3.2.0, at least on my win32 machine.

Digging in the old patches I submitted for win32 support, I found this

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=gtkmm-root%2Fdemos%2Fgtk-demo/example_stockbrowser.cc&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome

Line 96 is commented out on WIN32. I remember I did it because the stock icon was not displayed in the treeview and I was getting a lot of warnings. That was a pre gtkmm-2.2 patch !!! At the time, nobody really cared about win32 support, I was not using TreeViews in my app, and I had no time to really track the bug, so I just commented out the line.

I guess it's time to fix this long-standing bug. But first it would be interesting to know if we get the same exact problem on debian.

Cedric