RE: [gtkmm] Problems with TreeView on Windows

> From: Frederic Jean [mailto:frederic_jean users sourceforge net]
> Hello,
>
> 	We have 2 problems with TreeView with a program running
> under Windows (the
> program works correctly on Linux)...

Please be more specific. What compiler/environment are you using on Windows?
Did you build gtkmm from source or did you use a binary?

> First, on Windows, no checkbuttons are shown in the TreeView
> for column
> mInclude (bool).  It only show the value  TRUE or FALSE.

Yes, we have heard about this.

And I just tried it with the Windows gtkmm installer - we can see the
problem in the TreeStore part of the demo.

> Second, something similar happen for the column mIcon (no
> icons are shown on
> Windows), and we get the following error message in the
> console for each
> displayed rows in the TreeView :
>
> GLib-GObject-WARNING **: unable to set property 'text' of
> type 'gchararray'
> from value of type 'GdkPixbuf'
>
> So what is the problem?  We have exactly the same code for
> Linux and Windows?

The people who are using Windows will have to investigate this. It's
probably a problem with the append_column_editable() template. If you don't
want to investigate the problem, then you can use a workaround - just write
the code manually instead of using the template shortcut:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gtkmm-root/gtk-src/treeview.hg#408

Personally, I will not investigate on an unpleasant platform like Windows
until someone pays me to do it.

Please at the least open a bug for this so that people can gradually add
some clues to it.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net