RE: [gtkmm] Memorysize?

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 12:02, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Leif Dyvik [mailto:leif_aguy yahoo se]
>
> > I just wrote a simple gtkmm/libglademm application with 3-4 widgets.
> > And no more code than to load it and show it.
> >
> > And that app ate 10mb of memory. Is that normal?
>
> What's normal?
>
> I think it might be useful to know
> a) How you measured it.
> b) What value you get for similar toolkits such as Qt.
>
> Of course you should take into account issues such as debug symbols.
>
> Other than that we are not likely to worry something until it is a problem.
>
> Murray Cumming
> murrayc usa net
> www.murrayc.com

Hello!

I am not concerned with memory size any more really. Already got an
answer that was quite lengthy.

But i used gnome system monitor.
The same program via c gtk/libglade was 6.4mb. And I got a flashback to
c programming so I will look into c and gtk now. This is just a private
for fun project so OOP etc matters little.

--

As a side note I have read about automake/conf via your guide on your
site earlier this month to learn those program ! :)