Re: [gtkmm] print api

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
From: erwan ancel [mailto:erwan ancel free fr] This is out of topic, but can be interesting for other people than me:

Does anyone know a good printing API.
I am looking for a free GPL api that would support linux and win32
platforms, that would deal with printer drivers, and that would be able
to show a preview.

I would like someone to start a wrapper of libgnomeprint and
libgnomeprintui. I don't know if it works on Windows.

This might not exactly be what you are be looking for ...
But Magus (midgard.berlios.de) successfully uses pdftex+acroread on both Linux and Windows. This covers all your requirements, is GPL, the API is well known and the quality is unbeatable.

But when acroread bugs (some versions can not cope with blanks in file names) or LaTeX errors enter the scene, most Windows users simply prefer a nice blue screen (which to them is less scaring than many visible error messages).

  Christof