RE: [gtkmm] drawing pixels -- Gtk::DrawingArea

Murray wrote:
>> From: John M. Gabriele [mailto:jandl bestweb net]
>> Now, I'd like to replace the ~/cvs/gtkmm2/examples/book main.cc,
>> mayarea.cc, and myarea.h
>
>Can you give us a full path for those files, please?

I'm just referring to the files that came with gtkmm2
when I ran the cvs co command. My point was just that,
those are the ones present in my cvs directory, and
they were the ones I thought I was supposed to replace
before realizing that they might already be updated (though
for some reason not making it into the book).

>> files entirely with my own -- but
>> what doesn't make sense is that they are entirely different
>> than what appears in the book:
>> http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/tutorial/html/ch14s03.html
>>
>> Are they in fact aleady updated, but just not making it into
>> the documentation?
>
>Maybe. It's not impossible. Somone would still need to check them over
>before adding them to the book.
>

>> Finally, according to the instructions here
>> http://www.gtkmm.org/bugs.shtml
>> for creating a patch file, does "edit the change log" mean
>> edit the line at the very top of the file, or is there some
>> changelog file somewhere?
>
>There is a ChangeLog file.
>
>Murray Cumming

You're mistaking me for someone who's been involved with
gtkmm development and who knows things about how it's done.

If the drawingarea files are indeed updated but for some
reason are not making it into the book, I wouldn't have a
clue how to fix this.

Also, regarding the ChangeLog file, I thought it was clear
from my question that I have *no idea* where I would find
a such a file if one existed.

I'm a newb here, and gtkmm seemed cool to try out. I noticed
that the drawingarea chapter was out-of-date and was trying
to add something to it which I'm not experienced with anyway.