RE: [gtkmm] embedded -- using GtkFB

> From: Peter Gasper [mailto:pgasper designadvantage com]
> The reason I was wondering about use with GtkFB is this:
>
> When compiling a regular Gtk+ app for use with fb you execute:
> $ cc `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-linux-fb-2.0` hello.c -o hello
> instead of this:
> $ cc `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` hello.c -o hello
>
> But when compiling a gtkmm app you run:
> g++ simple.cc -o simple `pkg-config gtkmm-2.0 --cflags --libs`
>
> And I don't see anyway of specifying which gtk+ version to
> use either at
> gtkmm install-time or app compile time.

Maybe we need a gtkmm-linux-fb-2.0 pkgconfig thingy. You could experiment
with changing the PKG_CONFIG_CHECK() line in our configure.in. And if
necessary you could that new gtkmm-linux-fb-2.0 entry to our .pc.in file(s).

> I'm in the middle of the install so I haven't actually tried
> it yet, but
> I was hoping someone else knew the right way to do this so
> things would
> go a little smoother.

You are almost certainly one of the first people to try this.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net