Re: [gtkmm] problems installing gtkmm under windows

At 07:57 AM 7/24/2003 +0200, Tamer Higazi wrote:
Hi!
I got problems installing GTKMM for windows. Could somebody help me?!

I downloaded the packages:

gtkmm-2.2.3-mingw32-bin.zip
gtkmm-2.2.3-mingw32-lib.zip
libsigc++-1.2.5-mingw32-bin.zip
libsigc++-1.2.5-mingw32-lib.zip

You don't need these packages if you use the gtkmm installer

gtkmm-2.2.3.2.exe

gtkmm-2.2.5.1.exe is now available.

and GTK+ for Windows is allready installed.

I suppose you got the GTK+ installer from www.dropline.net/gtk/ ?

There is nowhere a manual where i extract the packages. What do i do with them? Should i extract them all in the MingW directory?

Yes, there is a manual :

http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/tutorial/html/ape.html

The documentation is also included in the gtkmm installer (Start Menu/gtkmm/Documentation).

I strongly recommend Dev-C++ if you have no experience with cygwin and/or msys (command tools).

And voila !

Cedric