[gtkmm] turning off prelighting of widgets

Hello again,

A google search on turning off the prelighting of the widgets showed a
couple of unanswered mail with the same question (It should be a
FAQ). The problem is that I want to colorize a ToggleButton widget
according to its state (eg. green for activated, red
otherwise). However the changes in the color, cannot be seen when the
cursor is on the button prelighting it, that is quite annoying. Note
that I want to turn off the prelighting effect of the specific
togglebutton and not the behavior of the whole application with an rc
file.

Is there a clean solution to my problem ?

Thanks,
Giannis

--
question = ( to ) ? be : ! be;