RE: [gtkmm] Reset a value in a cell

Hello!

> So far I don't see the point of reading it if you can't ever set it. So far
> our policy on style properties is that they are only for theme implementers
> so we don't want to confuse the API by wrapping useless stuff. As ever, we
> could be wrong, but someone has to explain why.

You self suggested some minutes ago to read out the default color and use
this as default.

But I didn't see the point. It's readable in gtk+, why not also in gtkmm?

Your statement can be interpreted like this: We only wrap things in gtkmm
that we think that are useful (though I'm sure that's not your intention;
but the decision what things are useful and and what things are not
should be done in gtk+ and not gtkmm; I understand gtkmm as very powerful
C++ wrapper around gtk+).

Regards,
Frank Naumann