RE: [gtkmm] Reset a value in a cell

> From: Frank Naumann [mailto:fnaumann cs uni-magdeburg de]
> > > As you mention it, I noted that the readonly style
> properties of the
> > > TreeView are not wrapped in gtkmm.
> >
> > Style properties should only be used by themes as far as we
> know. Is this a
> > normal property or a style property.
>
> I mean the things 'Style Properties' on:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTreeView.html
>
> In gtk+ they are readonly. So I think it's ok to read them (and then it
> should be wrapped read-only in gtkmm too).

So far I don't see the point of reading it if you can't ever set it. So far
our policy on style properties is that they are only for theme implementers
so we don't want to confuse the API by wrapping useless stuff. As ever, we
could be wrong, but someone has to explain why.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net