Re: [gtkmm] Segmentation fault

On 16 Jan 2003 18:26:32 -0000
"Vishal Modak" <whizvish80 rediffmail com> wrote:

> hi !!
>
> I have a written program using gtkmm2-2.0.2 and gtk-2.0.9..&
> glademm-1.1.3d..I am using Gdk::Pixbuf to draw an image in the
> drawing area...I am using anjuta-1.0.0..I compiled the code and
> there were no errors..no linker errors also..but when i tried to
> run it..it gave an error
>
> Program run terminated recieving signal11 (Segmentation Fault)

Segmentation fault is usually caused by invalid use of pointers. Run the program in gdb and when it crashes, use bt (back-trace) to see where in the code you have a problem.

> I have no idea as to why this error has come..It has never come
> before..I have been using gtkmm..anjuta ..etc for more than
> 6months now..

Well, I've been programming for much longer but still I get segfault sometimes...

Daniel Sundberg
http://sumpan.com
http://gspeakers.sf.net