[gtkmm] Setting the background color of a specific cell in a Gtk::Treeview

Hi,
I have a [Gtk::TreeViewColumn] and a [Gtk::TreeModel::Row] - how do I get to the cellrenderer in order to set the background color of this specific cell for this column and row in a Gtk::Treeview ? I need to set and reset background colors for specific cells on certain events. I understand how to set the background color of an entire column but need to know how to set it for individual cells.
Thanks !
Liza Klerck