Re: [gtkmm] Slots from non-Gtk subclasses.

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 17:51, rsteinke w-link net wrote:
> > From: Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>
> >
> > >  I have a class that isn't derived from any Gtk classes.  It does,
> > >however, have member functions that will pop up Gtk windows, and
> > >member functions that will handle callbacks from those windows.
> > >
> > >  The problem is that the "SigC::slot(class, &member)" function seems
> > >to require a class who's derived from Gtk.  I can't get the class to
> > >compile unless I force my class to be a subclass of a Gtk class.
> >

> > class Foo : public SigC::Object { ... }
>
> Actually,
>
> class Foo : virtual public SigC::Object { ... };

No, I don't think that's true, because SigC::Object is already a virtual
base class. For instance, we don't do this in gtkmm, which uses MI lots:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/glibmm/glib/glibmm/objectbase.h

I won't pretend that virtual inheritance is simple or intuitive.

murray usa net