Re: [OT] Re: [gtkmm] Re: pthreads with gtk/gtkmm

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:35:35AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> however, that paper, like stroustroup, focuses on static_cast<> to do
> class navigation between parents and children, and it is in this spirit
> that i limit my use of static_cast<> to such situations.

pp.130 Stroustrup:
"The static_cast operator converts between related types such as one
pointer type to another, an enumeration to an integral type, or a
floating-point type to an integral type. The reinterpret_cast handles
conversions between unrelated types such as an integer to a pointer."

I would have thought that makes it's fairly clear that you should use
static_cast for a void * -> Class * cast. ie. one pointer type to
another.

Barnaby