Re: [gtkmm] Auto Startup

SMS WebMaster <sms 4-sms com> writes:

> Is there anyway to auto startup my program everytime the user login
> whatever the user window manager ?

If you connect to the session manager, you program will automatically
be restarted when the user logs out and in if it was running when he
logged out.

Have you looked at the session manager interface? It is in one of the
gnomemm libraries (libgnomeuimm or libgnomemm).

> Another question, do I have to change anything in my program to
> support freedesktop.org ? or gtkmm will care about that ?

Lots of things are in GTK+. Since gtkmm is a wrapper, you get it for
free. You should have a .desktop file but apart from that I don't
think there is anything you have to do.

Unless, of course, you dealing with some of the issues that are more
specific. Like generating thumbnails. But that would probably be
obvious.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/