[gtkmm] Problems with get_widget_derived and Gtk::Dialog

Hi!

I tried the derived example which works just fine. Now I
tried to include it in my Pertergrin program code.
This is a main window (Gtk::Window, currently not using
gtk_widget_derived) and a Gtk::Dialog which is opened
by using a menu item. I use it this way:

  Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Glade::Xml> oRefGlade;
  oRefGlade = Gnome::Glade::Xml::create(Glib::ustring(GUI_DIRECTORY) +
                                        Glib::ustring("/worlddialog.glade"));
  // Open world dialog
  if( !mopWorldDialog )
  {
    oRefGlade->get_widget_derived("WorldDialog", mopWorldDialog);
    //mopWorldDialog = new PTGWorldDialog();
  }
  if( mopWorldDialog )
  {
    iRes = mopWorldDialog->run();

The dialog does open, but there is also another (small) empty
window opened when I call run(). I have to close this window or
the dialog cannot be used.

If I press "Ok" or "Cancel" I call the hide() method (also tried
hide_all() ). This has contrary to the example program no effect
at all. The window is not hidden (I checked that the slot gets
called). I also tried to use the response() call and hide
the dialog from the mainwindow -> no effect at all.
How do I access my dialog properly ?

The complete code is available from CVS on
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pertergrin/pertergrin/editor/gui/
The dialog is worlddialog.cc/worlddialog.h, the main window is
mainwindow.cc/mainwindow.h

Many thanks for helping,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: Pertergrin - a RPG system - http://pertergrin.berlios.de