[gtkmm] Debugging

Heya All,

I was wondering if any of you had the time to help me get some annoying
bugs worked out of my project.  I'm still learning how to use this
gtkmm/libglademm stuff, so my questions will probably be pretty simple.

You can get the source to my project here:

http://colliertech.org/~cjcollier/gmodel.tgz

I've gotten the tool select buttons to respond to being clicked on, but
not the file->new button.

The toolbox functionality is implemented in toolbox-window.[ch]pp and
the menu items and their callbacks will be implemented in
main-menu.[ch]pp when I figure out how to handle them.

For some reason, the signal is not getting connected:

(excerpt from src/main-menu.cpp)

   ui->get_widget("new_model", new_model);

   // connect new model activation
   new_model->signal_activate()
      .connect_notify(SigC::slot(*this,
&MainMenu::on_new_model_activate));

Whereas the same code in toolbox-window.cpp does in fact work.  I'm
confused by the inconsistancy, but I'm more frustrated that it's just
not working! :)

As you might be able to tell, I based much of my code off of Ole's
monster-masher.  Thank you for the wonderful tutorial.

C.J.