[gtkmm] button properties

I couldn't find the answers to the following questions in the doc
1.What if I want to use an accelerator key and underscore characters in a
button label ?
2. Can I pack widdgets other than buttons in ButtonBox. It does work but
it is not mentioned anywhere.
3. Now I packed a button and a label in a HButtonBox

HButtonBox file_open_box;
Button btn_open;
Label lbl_filename;

and did this in the
constructor

file_open_box.set_border_width(5);
  file_open_box.set_layout(BUTTONBOX_START);
  file_open_box.set_spacing(30);
  btn_open.set_use_underline();
  btn_open.set_label("_Open");
//connecting
  btn_open.signal_clicked().connect( SigC::slot(*this,
&ExampleWindow::on_btn_open_clicked));
  file_open_box.add(btn_open);  //packing
  file_open_box.add(lbl_filename);
  //show all
  show_all_children();

When the contents of the label change the size of the label
changes(acceptable) but the size of the button also changes(not
acceptable). What can I do to prevent this ?

Thanks,
 Neeraj Korde
Graduate Student
Mechanical Engineering