Re: [gtkmm] Using a despatcher to provide thread safe signals with parameters

Dan Alderman <d alderman 180sw com> writes:

> Thanks Andy,
>
> I am looking into this today, it may well be a better solution for us
> than using separate thread safe queues (which I have to say, although
> they work, seem a bit, well, just, icky).  I'm sure we will talk in the
> future when we are being stupid and can't make it work :-)  Is there a
> technical reason why the Dispatcher class in glibmm was implemented with
> no provision for data passing with the signals?

I don't really know - you'll have to ask the glibmm people for
that. When I started SigCX, glibmm didn't really exist yet (and if it
did, it is part of gtkmm, which was too much of a dependency IMO).

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty ICQ      | 118634484 ICQ | a rottmann gmx at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Packages should build-depend on what they should build-depend.