Re: [gtkmm] Should a C++/STL library conflict with gtkmm?

>> why would you use SGI's STL, when libstdc++ includes an STL implementation?
>
>Because of three reasons:
>1. The SGI one is [better] documented, at least if compared
>   to libstc++-2.9.0-30
>2. my libstdc++ is old enough to not be able to compile
>   gtkmm-1.2.10; if I export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/lib/include/STL"
>   before ./configure then it is buit correctly.

i suspect this is indicative of some other problem on your
system. many people have compiled gtkmm 1.2 with older gcc/g++ systems
without problems. not sure, however.

>3. The same for my library.

you will find many, many benefits of moving to gcc/g++ 3.2. the
improvements in the STL implementation in libstdc++ are just a small
set of them.

--p