Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: [[gtkmm] technical question: GTKMM_LIFECYCLE]]]]]]

MHL Schulze t-online de (Martin Schulze) wrote:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gstreamer/gst-bind/c%2b%2b/object.ccg?rev=1.6&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> and

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gstreamer/gst-bind/c%2b%2b/object.hg?rev=1.6&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

By the way, I really disagree with your re-implementation of the manage()
system in Gst::Object because
1) manage() is for child widgets and GtkObjects are not widgets. This would
confuse the definition of manage().
2) You have said that you want manage() to work differntly with Gst::Objects
than it does currently with Gtk::Objects.

I think you should start by just wrapping the GStreamer stuff and add any
C++-specific convenience stuff later. If you don't like the need to use
Glib::RefPtr with all Glib::Object-derived classes then you should propose a
better solution for all such classes rather than just one library.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net