Re: [gtkmm] I/O Connection::disconnect() doesn't work as expected.

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 09:56:55PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> connection.disconnect() and returning 'true' in the callback function
> should have the same effect, i.e. stop further calls of the callback
> function, remove the file descriptor from the poll table and internally
> destroy the 'connection node' and the 'source' structure. No recovery
> is possible as all information about the filedescriptor to poll and
> the callback function to call is deleted.

Are you certain that a return value of 'true' acts as disconnect()? I
had previously assumed that returning 'false' would do this (guessing
from old GTK+ timeout docs), and it mostly worked. Swapping logic per
your description above (true => disconnect) seems to break things more.

Sorry I don't have the time/ability to scan the source for the answer.
I'm working on a test case for the disconnect() strangeness I saw.

-Eric