Re: [Re: [[gtkmm] Glib::RefPtr also for Widgets?]]

"Jarek Dukat" <madmaxer poczta fm> wrote:
> > So you propose "void seen_it_clicked() { delete this; }"? Perhaps my
> > aversion stems from bad experience with older gtkmm versions and is
> > unnecessary.
>
> I do it exactly this way and it works fine. I think it's the easiest
> solution to manage non-modal dialogs and windows.

Personally I think it's easier to just hide() dialogs when you don't want
them. I like to delete things at the same level at which they are new-ed. In
fact, I prefer to use member instances anyway. But these are general C++
issues, not gtkmm issues.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net