[gtkmm] Probably very stupid question

Hello!
I'm Kysh.

I'm at my wits end. I've struggled with gtkoptionmenu for .. oh, days
now trying to figure out how to implement the opposite of 'set_history'.
I'm dumbfounded that it's not already there.

Anyway, I've been failing miserably, and was thinking of just switching to
a non-editable combobox, but kept reading people saying they shouldn't be used,
in favour of optionmenus. However, while comoboxes are no picnic, optionmenus
are a real pain. I imagine they'd work great if you wanted to do everything via
callback, but the program I'm working on needs very simple, pollable menus.

At any rate, I've spent hours on end searching the mailing list archives, as
I honestly can't figure out how anyone has been able to use optionmenus with
gtkmm. However, obviously nobody has this problem but me. :>

That said, I was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest a solution to
having no 'get_history' in optionmenu?

Thanks in advance, and I apologise for the waste of bandwidth.

-Kysh
--
|  'Life begins at 120kias' - http://www.lapdragon.org/flying  |