Re: [gtkmm] tables and rows

On 17 Sep 2002, Nabil Sayegh wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to display a table where each row has the same elements.
> Actually a vbox containing n hboxes would be easy to build and
> intuitive. But I want the 'cells' to be aligned like in a real table.
>
> What do you think is more elegant / less effort ?
>
> 1) vbox with hboxes
> drawback: manually taking care of the alignments
> benefit:  could write a class for the rows making is
>
> 2) table
> drawback: adding rows more complicated
> benefit:  everything is aligned automatically
>
> BTW: Is it possible to hide some columns of a table ?
>
> TIA

Use
3) Gtk::Vbox with Gtk::SizeGroups.
use a Gtk::SizeGroup for each row of widgets ( I understand they should
have the same dimensions).

HTH,
Tassos
PS: a demo exists in gtk-demo.

--
Bassoukos Tassos   +30 31 996011 / +30 93 7109954       IT Generalist

Unix:        Your gun, Your bullet, Your foot, Your choice.
M$-CE/ME/NT: Same as Unix, BUT: No choice, and We Aim Higher.