[gtkmm] libglade for gtkmm

To all,

Thanks for Murray's response to my question. However,
I have another question. I have to have a general
"container" structure for all of the developers to put
their pages in. I am assuming that each developer can
put their own page into my "container".  This means
that their are several XML documents being used, as
well as non-XML code. Will this all work together?

Sincerely,

Sarah Leitner

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 16:01, Sarah Leitner wrote:
> We are considering developing our own xml-compliant
> language, called Interface Definition language
(IDL).

IDL (Interface Definition Language) is used by CORBA.
And COM too.

> In this language they would define what widgets the
> developer could use, along with any applicable
> tooltips or names (e.g., a button might have a name,
> such as push me).  We are working on setting up
> details, such as how the buttons will be
automatically
> arranged, where they would be located, etc.  We
would
> then instantiate this when the program is run.

I think you could just dynamically check the widgets
as they are loaded
from a libglade file. libglademm already does some
dynamic_cast<>
checks
for instance, and Bakery::ConfClient and
Bakery::VariablesMap does
specific things to specific types of widgets.

> We have been planning to write our own code to do
all
> this, but I would like to consider using libglade. I
> have several questions: 1.) is libglade still beta?
> Has anyone used it successfully,

No, it's not beta. libglade is in heavy use throughout
GNOME.
libglademm
exists and seems to work too.

> and 2.) can I adopt
> libglade to work like I want it to? Or are we better
> off writing our own code to do this?

See above.