[gtkmm] Gtk::Widget::signal_button_press_event() ...Where's the love?

Hey all,

I connect to it, but the callback I set up for signal_button_press_event isn't being called when it seems it should. Here's the code:

RosterView::RosterView(Gtk::TreeView* treeview, Gtk::ScrolledWindow* scrollwin, RosterModel* rostermodel)
    : _treeview(treeview),
      _scrollwin(scrollwin),
      _rostermodel(rostermodel)
{
   // <snip>
_treeview->signal_button_press_event().connect(SigC::slot(*this, &RosterView::on_button_press_event));
}

...it seems the tree is behving nicely (expends/contracts fine, rows highlight when you click them, etc), but my callback is being ignored. This is the only place in my program where that signal is connected to, so if some other callback is returning true (thus ending the signal propagation), it's got to be happening in gtkmm...

Thanks  in advance,
James