Re: [Re: [gtkmm] problems using pangomm to render text on a drawable (1.3.21)]

MHL Schulze t-online de (Martin Schulze) wrote:
> Further investigations lead to the result that Pango::Context::create()
> is malfunctioning. It doesn't initialize the Context object correctly.
> This is due to the fact that the generation of PangoContext structures
> in pango is only provided by backend specific c functions,
> e.g. pango_x_get_context(). These functions are currently not wrapped.

Didn't I fix something like this recently?

If there is no pango_context_new() then that Context::create() should be
removed.

> propose to just get rid of Pango::Context::create() and not to
> wrap the backend specific stuff. If you want to create a pango
> Context, you have to use:
>
> Gtk::Widget::create_pango_context() or Gtk::Widget::get_pango::context()

The first one seems to exist already. I can't see any Widget::get_pango().

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net