Re: [gtkmm] The gtkmm book

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 17:49, Thomas Nichols wrote:
> OK, here's a first draft of a DocBook to PDF conversion for gtkmm-tut.xml.
> Attachment contains shell script and docs.
>
> You can see the (fairly naff) result at
> http://www.nexus10.com/support/gtkmm/gtkmm-tut.pdf

People, please don't actually use this, because I am constantly
improving the book and this is already out-of-date.

It doesn't look too bad to me.

> Not sure how this is best plumbed into the doc build system. Pretty slow
> (hey, it's Java...) and since FOP doesn't support all the features being
> used it produces screenfuls of errors, but it does produce a valid PDF.
>
> As Murray warned, the docbook-utils-pdf toolchain is not an easy beast to
> master. Using openjade et al, or going via PassiveTex,  should give better
> results if anyone wants to try. Alternatively, wait while FOP gets better.

It would be nice if you could add a target to the
docs/tutorial/Makefile.am. Even if it isn't perfect, it's better not to
lose your work.

And then I'd like us to talk to the gnome-doc people about it.

murray usa net