Re: [gtkmm] Forcing widget repaints after key event

In message <20021022 8123900 84 >
          Kevin Hremeviuc <kevin hremeviuc tbwil ch> wittered:

> Hi all,
>
> I am translating a java program I wrote a while ago ( it's a crappy game
> ) into c++ (which I am only learning) using gtkmm-2.0. I am capturing key
> events and then changing the position of the user's bat on the screen.
> How do I force a repaint ( I am using a DrawingArea object ) to show the
> new bat position? I have looked in the documentation but can't an
> obvious, correct way of doing this.

There's a gdkpixbuf example under the 'demos' directory that does what you
want. I only have a fairly old printout to hand, but it looks like it is
the queue_draw() method you want.
Check the example to make sure that's still what it uses though.

~Ainsley

  / Ainsley 'Marble' Pereira / http://www.snowplains.org /
 / Don't drink and drive.