Re: [gtkmm] Gtk::CellRenderer, GLib::Property<>, and associated adventures

That has helped out quite a bit, but now I appear to have another issue -- once again with Glib::Property<>.

I'm using a class that I wrote as the property type... Everything compiles, but when the Gtk::TreeView tries to set that "custom type" property, it seems as though it insists on thinking that the data in the model is a gint64 rather than my own class (which happens to be the same size, I don't know if that is just coincidence). I'm not using a gint64 anywhere.

This is the runtime warning I get:

(sinfgstudio:4697): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: unable to set property `datanode' of type `glibmm__CustomBoxed_Q23etlt6handle1ZQ25sinfg8DataNode' from value of type `gint64'

Any ideas?

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 12:30, Daniel Elstner wrote:
Am Mon, 2002-10-21 um 19.59 schrieb Robert B. Quattlebaum Jr.:

> In attempting to wrestle with this, I realized that what I needed to
> create was a custom "property" for my CellRenderer that would hold the
> datatype that describes the waypoints. I could then use the
> Gtk::TreeViewColumn::add_attribute function to link that property to a
> specific field in my Gtk::TreeModel(Which just happens to be a
> Gtk::TreeView). So, I was off to research about how to add my own
> property to my CellRenderer. Just one property. Sounded simple...

See examples/cellrenderercustom/ for a custom Combobox-like cell
renderer which uses Glib::Property<> as well.

--Daniel