[gtkmm] combo box behavior

Hi,

I am experiencing a rather enervating behavior in Gtk::ComboBox:
When I click on the button to the right, usually the list gets shown without
changing the value, as desired.
But if I accidently move the mouse a little *within the button*, the value
of the entry jumps to the first item in the list.
That's the kind of thing that drives users nuts... .

Can I do anything to change this behavior (i.e. change the value only when
the user clicks in the list) or should I file a bug report ?

Thanks,
	Elke Meier