Re: [gtkmm] problem using stipple in Gdk::GC

Am Mon, 2002-11-11 um 23.08 schrieb Murray Cumming:
> On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 22:02, Eric Newman wrote:
> > I'm trying to use a stipple pattern in a GC and it's giving me X Window System Error. Here's a code snippet:
> >
> > Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Pixmap> m_stipple =
> > Gdk::Pixmap::create_from_xpm (get_window(), m_trans_color, "stipple.xpm");
> > myGC->set_stipple(m_stipple);
> > m_refPixmap->draw_rectangle ( myGC,
> >                               true,
> >                               0, 0,
> >                               10, 10);
> >
> > If I comment out the set_stipple line, I get no error. If I try to use the stipple, I get:
> > The program 'iqcdb2.1' received an X Window System error.

Maybe the GC is invalid?

If you can't find anything peculiar in your code you could try
translating it to plain C using the Gdk types/functions.  If the problem
disappears it's a gtkmm bug, otherwise you should ask on gtk-list or
report a GTK+ bug.

> Have you confirmed that the create_from_xpm worked? Maybe it didn't find
> the file. You can check like so:
>
> if(m_stipple)
> {
>   myGC->set_stipple(m_stipple);
> }
>
> But I would actually expect it to throw the exception instead:
> http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/reference/html/classGdk_1_1Pixbuf.html#d4

It's a Pixmap -- not a Pixbuf.  GdkPixmap unfortunately doesn't report
errors when loading the file failed.

--Daniel