Re: [gtkmm] How to do call a function once every 'frame'? And some documentation feedback.

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 14:29, Dirk Gerrits wrote:
> All of these questions remain (largely) unanswered. It seems the
> reference documentation can use a lot of improvement. There's a lot of
> missing documentation and also a lot of plain stupid documentation.

Feel free to patch.

> SignalIdle Glib::MainContext::signal_idle()
>
> Idle signal, attached to this MainContext.
>
> Returns:
>      A signal proxy; you want to use SignalIdle::connect().
>

> This little piece of documentation tells you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that the
> function signature doesn't tell you. I don't want to know that
> signal_idle stands for the idle signal, I want to know WHAT an idle
> signal is and WHEN it is called.

I think signal_idle() is what you want. The signal is emitted every now
and then when the system is idle. There isn't much more to it. I think
we have an example somewhere, or we should.

murray usa net