Re: [gtkmm] Re: [sigc] Building libsigc++ under Win32 for use with Intel C++ Compiler 6.0

At 05:49 PM 11/6/2002 +0900, Naofumi Yasufuku wrote:
At Wed, 06 Nov 2002 08:23:10 +0100,
Cedric Gustin wrote:

> At 07:47 AM 11/6/2002 +0000, Dirk Gerrits wrote:
>
> >Someone replied to my gtkmm-list post privately (not sure if he wants to
> >remain anonymous) saying that the libraries should be compatible with MSVC
> >and Intel if they are compiled using -mms-bitfields with GCC/MinGW.
>
> -mms-bitfields (the old -fnative-struct) makes the gtk+-2.0 library

Cedric, I would suggest that you should submit a patch for the latest
mingw (gcc 3.2).

For example, the following patch against gtkmm-2.0.0 is based on the
latest gtk's configure.in. It is not tested yet, but I think it works
with mingw 2.0.

Great ! But beside this -mms-bitfields difference, gtkmm does not currently compile out of the box with gcc-3.2. There are a few #define related problems (as reported previously on this mailing list) in thread.h and entry.h among others. I compiled gtkmm-2.0.0 yesterday and I'm working on a patch against the current cvs (I will merge it with yours). I have just submitted an equivalent gcc-3.2 patch for libsigc++ about an hour ago.

Cedric