RE: [gtkmm] gtkmm3 speculation: intermediate types.

The STL does not take containers as arguments to it's functions.  That's
what iterators are for.  I ran into this problem with gtkmm on my current
project.  I wanted to set a list of strings into a combo box but didn't want
to include the first string in the list.  How? Not:

m_combo.set_popdown_strs( ++m_list.begin( ), m_list.end( ) );

Gtkmm should at least include this option in addition to the intermediate
types but I would like to see them removed completely.  I believe it's a
good idea to reduce the number of outside types a design depends on.

Just my 2cents

-Mike Garriss