Re: [gtkmm] Forcing redraw of window, without returning to mainevent loop

> > I have code which does a series of calculations, and I would like it
to show
> > intermediate calculations on the screen as it runs.  I am updating the
> > models (eg ListStores) as the calculations are proceeding, but at
present
> > all the results are displayed only when the series of calculations is
> > finished and control returns to gtkmm.  (I understand why it is doing
this -
> > I just wonder if there's a way to force a redraw).
>
> You could use threads to do the calculations.

Not a very good idea when the function that do calculations modify the
list store. He'd have to use thread_enter/leave and it sucks.
I think it is possible to check if there are any pending Gtk signals and
tell the main loop to execute them at once. I've never did that, but I
think I saw it somewhere.

Jarek

Cher, Morcheeba, Titiyo i wiele innych.
Single gratis. Tylko teraz promocja w Salonie Muzycznym.
http://salon.interia.pl