Re: [gtkmm] retype() and retype_return()

KOn Thu, 2002-07-25 at 12:06, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Murray Cumming <murrayc usa net> writes:
>
> > Does anyone mind if I also remove retype() and retype_return(). Remember
> > that we will still have bind_return().
> >
> YES! I'd really like to know why you want to get rid of really useful
> features like convert() and retype[_return]() and thus make libsigc++ a
> less useful library...

I want to make the library smaller. Someone has to maintain it. A small
library is easier to understand, so people are more likely to fix it
themselves.

I have no objection to other people putting it all in a libsigc_extras
library. I am not killing functionality - if it's important enough to
people then they need to maintain it themselves.

I have not yet decided exactly what I will remove. Definitely chain()
and Closure, auto_disconncet(). Possibly some of the convert/retype
stuff.

murrayc usa net