Re: [gtkmm] Problem with refreshing a DrawingArea in a multi-threaded program

Am 18.07.2002 22:13 schrieb(en) Paul Davis:

>- Is it possible to make a window appear at a certain position on the
>screen?
>Well, preferrably not at hard-coded coordinates, but e.g. "if possible,
next

>to (thus not covering) another window".

i know of no way to do this. window placement is controlled by a
combination of X client requests and X Window Manager policy. the
interaction between the two of them puzzles and irritates many people.

I remember an example in the gtkmm tree (examples/dialog/dialog2.cc) that
tries to place a dialog centered above the application window. I have no
idea about the magic behind and have never tried it out, though.

  Martin