Re: [gtkmm] Gdk::Drawable speed

Leslie Polzer writes:
 > On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 19:01:56 +0100
 > Leslie Polzer <sky nachtwind net> wrote:
 >
 > > I wondered how fast one can (estimately, given a specific cpu clock and a color depth of 24) draw pixels with a Gdk::Drawable and if there is a faster way to do this with gtkmm2?
 >
 > Can't anybody tell me something about this?
 > I would be content already if someone could tell me how far it is from the XLib-Layer...

No, nobody can tell you this.  Is the drawable on the same machine, or
across a network?  Are you using the shared memory extensions?  Are
you filling an image and copying to the drawable, or are you using
drawing functions?  What video card is it, and is it accelerated?

Those are just the relevant questions that you'd need to consider to
even begin to estimate an answer to the question, that come to mind in
about 15 seconds of thought.  I'm sure I've missed as many biggies as
I've asked.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002