Re: [gtkmm] struct ustring::SequenceToString<In,char> : public std::string

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 17:44, Hopfes, Harald wrote:
> Hi!
> I am new to gtkmm,
> but as you say at the beginning of file glib/glibmm/ustring.h
> std::string is intended to be a final class, but
> ustring::SequenceToString<In,char> is a child of std::string??

I guess you mean that it's a "member class". How does that stop ustring
from being a "final class"

As I understand it, a "final class" is not meant to be inherited from. I
don't see how the presence of a member class encourages or forces you to
inherit from ustring?

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net