[gtkmm] Qt, GTKmm and the next X11 (Berlin)?

I just stomped against the Berlin project
(http://www.berlin-consortium.org/), an ambitious project for replacing X11
with a new and better graphical system in the medium-far future.

I would like to know what the GTK+/GTKmm, Qt and the TrollTech programmers
think of such a project.

Does anybody feel the need of a better X 11? I'm thinking in particular to
the DTP developers who are fighting all the time with the font management
system of X11 (no font smoothing, no anti-alias, etc...).

Does anybody knew Berlin already? What's your feeling about it? Does anybody
know of any other project for replacing the X11?

Does TrollTech knew of Berlin? Is TrollTech looking at this kind of
technology as a commercial opportunity? Does trollTech plan to port Qt to
Berlin (or something like that)?

Many thanks in advance for your attention

PS: Berlin lies on the concept of "Kits". As long as I can understand from
the executive overview of Berlin, Kits are objects very similar to the
"Programming Frameworks" that we are used to see on X11, like Qt, GTK and so
on. A few kits exist already and try to replicate the existing Qt and GTK
functionalities. Most likely, Qt and GTK could take this "kit personality" on
Berlin.

Alessandro Bottoni
alessandro bottoni libero it